Recipe by greysangel
This recipe is from a fabulous food blog called Chocolate and Zucchini. I was web surfing recipes to try out my Steen's Cane Syrup and stumbled along this winner!
- 1⁄2 cup cane syrup
- 1⁄2 cup packed unrefined unbleached cane sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons combined cinnamon or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cloves or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons nutmeg or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 pinch fine sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup raw pecan halves, roughly chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a tray of medium muffin molds.
- In a large mixing-bowl, whisk together the cane syrup, sugar, and oil. In a small bowl, combine the baking soda and 1/2 cup water and stir to dissolve. Add to the cane syrup mixture and whisk until combined. Add the egg and whisk until well combined. Add the spices, flour, and salt, and whisk until just combined (be careful not to over mix).
- Pour the batter into the muffin molds, filling them almost to the top, and sprinkle with chopped pecans. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the tops spring back to the touch. Transfer to a rack to cool for 10 minutes, unmold, and serve warm or at room temperature.