Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Everyday Italian by Giada De Laurentiis.
- 1 lb fusilli
- 1 (26 ounce) jar tomato sauce
- 12 ounces albacore tuna (Packed In Oil, Drained)
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the tomato sauce, tuna, capers, and lemon peel in a heavy large skillet. Using a fork, break the tuna into chunks. Simmer to blend the flavors, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Add the pasta to the sauce and toss to coat. Toss the pasta with enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten. Stir in the parsley and serve.
This is a nice and easy weeknight dinner.The tuna was a tasty addition and a nice change from ground beef.
Excellent. This is a lovely quick meal that is so much more healthy than the hamburger standard sauce. I used pene because I didn't have fusilli on hand and I just poured the sauce on top without thinking because it's such a habit. The capers and lemon really give it the something extra. Thanks Amanda. Made for ZWT4.
i made this last night and used tuna packed in olive oil, a 26 ounce jar of Barilla Mainara sauce and it was delicious and healthy, i used whole wheat fusilli. thanks for posting.