Recipe by chia
from best of fine cooking, this is a simple vegetarian dish which cooks in under 30 minutes.
Top Review by luvcook'n
We all thoroughly enjoyed this dish! I made this with homemade ricotta and didn't use all the salt called for...just to lower the sodium content. I also didn't have light cream...but used 3/4 cup whipping cream and 1/4 cup 2% milk. Just lovely with the nutmeg! Thank you for sharing. I will definately be making this again!
- 1 lb fusilli
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb fresh Baby Spinach
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup light cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh ground nutmeg, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- bring a large pot of water to boil.
- add kosher salt and pasta, cook until aldente.
- meanwhile add olive oil to skillet.
- add scallions and spinach, season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes, until wilted.
- mix ricotta, cream, nutmeg in a small bowl.
- stir into spinach and add butter.
- reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- reserve 1/2 c of pasta cooking water and add to thin sauce, as needed.
- drain pasta, add sauce and toss.
- top with grated parmigiano reggiano, serve.