Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Pasta dish with simple flavours combined with beans and potatoes.
- 2 red skin white potatoes, peeled and diced (desiree)
- 150 g beans, washed and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 400 g fusilli
- 1 bunch basil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Soak potatoes and beans until ready to use.
- Bring large saucepan of water to boil, add salt, potatoes, beans and pasta.
- Cook until pasta al dente and vegetqables tender.
- Meanwhile put basil, garlic, pine nuts and olive oil in blender. Puree until smooth.
- Strain pasta mixture and return to saucepan.
- Add pesto and stir through.
- Season to taste and serve with parmesan cheese.