Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I was planning on making the recipe from a book of mine, but didn't have all the ingredients called for. So, I subbed some ingredients and this is what I came up with.
- 32 ounces frozen shredded hash browns
- 1⁄4 cup melted margarine
- 1 (26 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or colby-jack)
- 5 -6 slices cooked chopped bacon
- 2 cups crushed potato chips
- 2 tablespoons melted margarine
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together hashbrowns, 1/4 cup melted margarine, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, cheese and bacon.
- Spread into a greased 9x13 inch pan.
- Combine the crushed chips with the 2 tablesppons melted margarine and sprinkle over the top of the hashbrown mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly and the top is lightly browned.