Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
these always go well at cookie exchanges
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 3⁄4 cup M&M'
- 1⁄4 cup hot fudge topping, warmed
- Heat oven to 350*.
- grease 13x9" pan -- with crisco.set aside.
- in large bowl, beat all crust ingredients on low speed -- till coarse crumbs.
- press mixture in bottom of pan and bake for 10-12 mintes or golden.remove partially baked crust from oven --
- sprinkle marshmallows over crust.return to oven.bake 1-2 minutes or marshmallows just begin to puff --
- remove pan from oven and sprinkle m&m's evenly over marshmallows.
- drizzle warmed hot fudge sauce over top.
- cool completely on wire rack.about 1 hour before cutting into bars -- .
If anyone likes REALLY sweet bars, these would be for you. This sounded very easy to put together with ingredients I usually have on hand, so I thought I would give them a try. They were very easy to make and took minimal time. I followed the directions exactly, including the cooling time; but when I tried to cut them, the entire topping separated from the crust. This made them terribly messy to eat. Also, they ended up being too sweet for our taste -- even though we like our sweet desserts. I might try making them again for a bake sale because they are easy, but I don't think I will make them again for us (strictly personal preference on taste).