Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
So I was looking for yummy 'health food' brownie recipes... I came upon a few... I swapped out a few things, some how added too much applesauce but none the less my mistake is a YUMMY mistake for chocolate lovers! So instead of brownies we get super moist cake bites! They are only 1 WW point & just over 50 cals, but they are kinda small. I normally eat 1 or 2 at a time. But they are full of flavor, Low cal, Low fat, pretty low carb & nearly sugar free!!! It doesn't get much better then that! They are super yummy with your favorite sugar free preserves spread on top!
- 2 tablespoons margarine, Melted
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon smuckers sugar-free preserves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 8-inch square pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Dust with cocoa, shaking out excess back into bowl.
- Mix margarine, sugar, egg, applesauce and vanilla in a bowl, beating until smooth.
- In a separate bowl sift flour, cocoa, baking soda & salt, then mix until well combined.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, mix until well combined.
- Pour into pan and bake 25-30 minutes until set. Cool completely and cut into 16 squares; enjoy!
- Optional- spread sugar-free preserves with Splenda on top for a yummy fruity topping!
I think this sounds like a great recipe for chocaholics! However, 2 TABLESPOONS of vanilla? Seriously? I think 2 teaspoons is overload even for this small batch recipe.