1/14 Photos of Fudgy Chocolate Layer Cake
1 hr 15 mins
A chocolate lover's dream!!!!!!!!!!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 cup minus 1 tbl. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter (or 1 1/2 sticks)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
Frosting and Garnish
- 1Line bottoms of two 9" round cake pans with waxed paper.
- 2Grease paper and sides of pan.
- 3Dust with flour, set aside.
- 4In bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, soda and salt til mixed.
- 5In large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugars at medium-speed til light and fluffy.
- 6Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 7Add vanilla.
- 8On low speed, alternately beat in flour mixture and buttermilk just til blended.
- 9Divide batter equally into prepared pans.
- 10Bake in 350 oven for 25-30 minutes, or til a toothpick comes out clean.
- 11Cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- 12Turn cakes out onto racks.
- 13Remove waxed paper.
- 14Turn layers top-side up, and cool completely.
- 16Beat butter and powdered sugar on medium speed til light and fluffy.
- 17Add melted chocolate and vanilla.
- 18Continue beating til shiny and smooth.
- 19Place one cake onto serving platter.
- 20Spread with frosting.
- 21Top with remaining cake layer.
- 22Frost top and sides.
- 23Let cake stand for 30 minutes before topping with chocolate shavings, and before slicing.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fudgy Chocolate Layer Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1594 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5332.4
- Calories from Fat 2716
- Total Fat 301.8 g
- Saturated Fat 185.6 g
- Cholesterol 1047.7 mg
- Sodium 4126.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 655.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 48.5 g
- Sugars 415.4 g
- Protein 77.5 g