Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I know there are tons of brownie recipes posted already but i found this one in the local paper and we loved them so I am posting for posterity. Adapted from a recipe courtesy of Alice Medrich.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 8 tablespoons butter (1 stick)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line an 8" square baking pan with foil or parchment paper and let edges overhang on 2 sides.
- Melt butter and chocolate in the microwave 2 minutes.
- Stir to blend.
- Stir in sugar, salt, vanilla and eggs with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in flour until smooth.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Spread batter in the prepared pan.
- Cook for 20 minutes and immediately refrigerate.
- When totally chilled remove from pan by picking up the 2 ends of foil and cut into 16 squares (spraying your knife with non-stick cooking spray will make cutting these a breeze).
fudgy brownies is such an accurate description for these delicious, sticky on the inside and crunchy on the outside brownies. I had to leave out the walnuts, due to some divurticulitis guests but I'm sure they'd be even more yummy with the nuts. Very easy recipe, I did everything in my 8 cup Pyrex bowl. Also, I didn't put the hot, baked brownies in my fridge (the fridge is kind of small and I don't like to add really hot stuff to it). I set it outside and it cooled off quickly in our 40° temps. Thanks so much chia, we'll be doing this again (my daughter, LauraLoo has her eye on this!)
These were soooo good! I omitted the walnuts but they were still delish! I made them for a tupperware party and everyone asked me for the recipe!
These are really decadent and super-chocolatey! Love the fudgy texture. I made this in a 9" pan so I only baked them for 16mins. I also reduced the sugar to 3/4 cup as I used Valrhona bittersweet choc instead of unsweetened. I also omitted the walnuts as I didn't have any. They didn't really need any frosting, but I made some choc cream cheese frosting and topped them with a slice of strawberry on each square as I'm bringing these to a housewarming party. Thanks for submitting this recipe!