I know there are tons of brownie recipes posted already but i found this one in the local paper and we loved them so I am posting for posterity. Adapted from a recipe courtesy of Alice Medrich.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line an 8" square baking pan with foil or parchment paper and let edges overhang on 2 sides.
- Melt butter and chocolate in the microwave 2 minutes.
- Stir to blend.
- Stir in sugar, salt, vanilla and eggs with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in flour until smooth.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Spread batter in the prepared pan.
- Cook for 20 minutes and immediately refrigerate.
- When totally chilled remove from pan by picking up the 2 ends of foil and cut into 16 squares (spraying your knife with non-stick cooking spray will make cutting these a breeze).