Prep 25 mins
Cook 7 mins
You can use pecans in place of walnuts if desired. The recipe for this states 5 dozen, but I didn't get even close to that when I made this, so yield is only estimated. Since these are small they are great to serve at a get together on a cookie tray. These are really good!
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (about 2 full cups)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- walnut halves (use enough for each cookie)
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare lightly greased baking sheet.
- In a saucepan combine the condensed milk, baking chips and butter; cook over medium-low heat stirring constantly until the chocolate and butter melt.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and then the flour.
- Add in the chopped nuts; mix to combine.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on the cookie sheet.
- Press a walnut half into the center of each cookie.
- Bake for about 7 minutes (do not overbake).
- Transfer to wire racks to cool.
These are so easy to make but at first I wasnt so sold on them, BUT after they sit, cool down and even after a day, I find them delightful! I got exactly 36 and I made mine with a TBS scoop. They hardly spread so a bunch go on 1 cookie sheet. I thought that maybe I had not baked them long enough as they are very soft, almost fudgelike when they come from the oven, but after setting they do harden up and become a chewy, moist cookie, very chocolaty I might add. I am going to try these with peanut butter chips and also milk chocolate for a different variety. Thanks Carol!