Recipe by drhousespcatcher
A no cook Spinach fruit salad that makes a quick meal. Adjust the tofu marinade to your taste. Beginners give at least 8 hours. Experienced tofu users 30 minutes at least. Note the Raspberry dressing was Raspberry Pecan fat free. If Vegan use a Vegan Raspberry sub for this.
- 3 cups loosely packed fresh Baby Spinach
- 1⁄4 cup celery
- 1⁄3 cup mandarin orange
- 1⁄2 medium apple
- 1⁄2 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
- fresh ground pepper
- Mrs. Dash seasoning mix (optional)
- 6 ounces mori nu firm tofu, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free raspberry vinaigrette
Directions See How It's Made
- Crumble the tofu. Marinate over night in 1/2 cup dressing. Note I use Kens Raspberry Pecan for this.
- Divide the spinach, celery, oranges, apples, grapes, and tofu between the two plates.
- Sprinkle on the almonds. Grind on the pepper and sprinkle on the dash. Drizzle with remaining dressing.
- Serves 2.
- Note for recipe without database adjustments see degustibus.wordpress.com under salads.