Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe comes from a Pillsbury cookbook the "Come & Eat!" edition. Didn't know how the pasta would do, but amazingly it was delicious. The DH is a BIG eater, and he had seconds. So it must have been ok.
- 3 ounces uncooked alphabet pasta
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) container peach yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup granola cereal
- Cook pasta to desired doneness as directed on package.
- Drain; rinse with cold water to cool. Drain well.
- In medium bowl, combine cooked pasta with all remaining except granola; mix well.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- Top individual servings with granola.
I liked this, my husband hated it. The texture was interesting -- OK to me, but really threw him off. I didn't have a banana, so I threw in some mandarin orange wedges, which were also tasty. I didn't care for the granola on top (even though I love granola on yogurt).
Think outside the box! The pasta mixed in the yogurt is a completely different texture from anything I've tried before.I think kids would absolutely love this. I made it the night before so when I woke up, breakfast was already ready!