Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Apple Cake with chopped walnuts on top.
- 2 (21 ounce) cans apple pie filling
- package yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter (melted)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- Spray interior of slow cooker with non stick cooking spray.
- Place pie filling in slow cooker.
- In a mixing bowl, combine dry cake mix, and butter, and spoon over filling.
- Drop walnuts over top.
- Cover, and cook on low for 3-5 hours, or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
Delicious!! It certainly doesn't get any easier than this. I've made something similar to this in a cast iron dutch oven over a campfire, but never tried it in a crock pot. With just 4 ingredients, this cake goes together quickly, with very little effort. I added some additional cinnamon to the apple pie filling, and used a spice cake mix instead of the yellow cake. We loved this yummy cake! Thank you for sharing...it is definitely a keeper!!
*Made for 2012 Football Pool*
I knew I had to try this recipe for your Week 9 Football 2012 win when I saw it was a slow cooker cake recipe and knowing my hubby's love of anything apple.
I was very pleased with how this turned out. It was very easy to put together and then I just let it bake in my new slow cooker.
It was very moist and flavorful. I did add a bit of cinnamon and cloves to taste, though not much.
My daughter immediately asked for the recipe as soon as I told her about it.
CONGRATULATIONS again on your win!!!