Recipe by weekend cooker
Apple Cake with chopped walnuts on top.
Top Review by Bayhill
Delicious!! It certainly doesn't get any easier than this. I've made something similar to this in a cast iron dutch oven over a campfire, but never tried it in a crock pot. With just 4 ingredients, this cake goes together quickly, with very little effort. I added some additional cinnamon to the apple pie filling, and used a spice cake mix instead of the yellow cake. We loved this yummy cake! Thank you for sharing...it is definitely a keeper!!
*Made for 2012 Football Pool*
- 2 (21 ounce) cans apple pie filling
- package yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter (melted)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray interior of slow cooker with non stick cooking spray.
- Place pie filling in slow cooker.
- In a mixing bowl, combine dry cake mix, and butter, and spoon over filling.
- Drop walnuts over top.
- Cover, and cook on low for 3-5 hours, or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.