Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Refreshing West African, Tropical Fruit Salad.
- 473.18 ml cubed fresh pineapple
- 236.59 ml diced peeled ripe mango
- 236.59 ml sliced banana
- 236.59 ml orange section
- 14.79 ml dark brown sugar
- 14.79 ml fresh lime, juice and zest of
- 0.59 ml ground cinnamon
- 0.59 ml ground cardamom
- 0.59 ml ginger
- 236.59 ml coconut, toasted
- Combine salad ingredients in a medium bowl, tossing gently to combine. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
I really like the blend of fruit flavours in this salad! I used half the amount of unsweetened coconut and it was more than enough. I will be enjoying this again for sure. Made for Sun and Spice event. Thanks Rita~! :)
Very good! I made this last night for out Super Bowl party and everyone loved it. I subbed fresh mint leaves for the coconut. I felt it needed a bit of color and the mint worked very well.
I loved this salad. The spices added made this sooooo yummy. My kids however weren't as impressed but they still ate their one helping. I've decieded I will divide this recipe in half next time and omit the cinnamon, cardamom adn ginger on their half. Thank you so much for a more complex flavored fruit salad.