Recipe by Mary Scheffert
A lovely fruit salad to add to your buffet or picnic.
Top Review by Mimi Blum
This was a big hit at the party; everyone just loved it. Very easy to make; one suggestion, I prepared everything including the pineapple mixture a day before, then added everything together for approx. 6 hours; PERFECT! It wasn't as good the day after(a little soggy is all),(I was lucky enough to take some home) Great recipe, thanks very much.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained (reserve juice)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin orange segments, drained
- 3 medium apples, chopped (unpeeled)
- 1⁄2 lb red seedless grapes, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Place reserved pineapple juice in a small saucepan; add sugar, flour and beaten egg.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth and thickened.
- Allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine pecans with pineapple chunks, bananas, orange segments, apples and grapes.
- Pour cooled dressing over fruit mixture; toss gently, making sure everything is well coated.
- Chill before serving.