Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an adopted recipe. I will post an intro after I make it.
- 2 3⁄4 cups unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, Sharp, Shredded
- 2 large eggs, Beaten
- 1⁄2 cup peach preserves
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry preserves
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and cut in the butter until the pieces are the size of peas.
- Add the cheese and toss lightly.
- Add the eggs and blend well.
- Chill one quarter of the dough.
- Press the remaining dough into the bottom and sides of an ungreased 15 1/2 X 10 1/2 X 1/2-inch jelly roll pan.
- Spread half the dough with the peach preserves and the other half with the strawberry preserves.
- Roll the chilled dough, on a lightly floured surface, to 1/4-inch thick.
- Cut the dough into 1/2-inch strips and place the strips diagonally across the top of the preserves making a lattice of the strips.
- Press the ends of the dough against the side dough to seal.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool before cutting into 2 X 3-inch bars.