Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A fav summer salad
- 2 cups grated cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup drained crushed pineapple (juice reserved)
- 1⁄2-1 cup miniature marshmallow (your choice)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- pineapple juice (just enough to thin)
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix mayonnaise and reserved juice in a separate bowl.
- Pour as much over salad as needed.
- Toss well to mix.
This is going to be a favourite at my house this summer, too! Served this to my MIL for Mother's Day dinner tonight, and it was a huge hit with everyone. My SIL had 3 helpings! I left out the nuts due to a nut-hating son LOL; otherwise, made it just as directed. VERY easy to whip up (I used the preshredded cabbage sold as cole slaw mix, it has a little bit of carrot in it, too). My MIL suggested adding 1/2 cup or so of raisins, and I may do that next time. Thanks for a great recipe!
Delicious! This slaw has such a nice sweetness without being overly sweet. I used a preshredded slaw mix that included carrots--they added some nice contrast and color. I also toasted the almonds and garnished with additional almonds. Thanks, Eve, for sharing a great summer recipe!
I tried this based on Lennie's review and loved it. It's great when you want a little sweet with your meal.