- 2 cups fresh pineapple, diced in large chunks
- 2 oranges, peeled,sectioned and cut
- 1 -2 banana, sliced
- 2 peaches or 2 nectarines, peeled and sliced
- fresh strawberries, as many as you like
- 3 -4 pieces candied ginger, very thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely grated coconut
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup cognac or 1⁄4 cup fruit-flavored liqueur
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the fruit, cut it up, and toss very lightly in a bowl, together with the ginger and coconut.
- Cover and put aside to chill.
- Mix a dressing of equal parts of honey, brandy or liqueur, and lemon juice.
- Then, if it is either too sweet or too tart for your taste, add slightly more lemon juice or honey.
- Just before serving, toss again with the dressing.