From Family Fun, this looks like it would be a hit on the 4th of July. Recipe is for one cone, but can easily be increased for a crowd since almost everything is done ahead. The picture on this is adorable.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place a scoop of vanilla ice cream on a plate and return it to the freezer to harden.
- 2Meanwhile, construct an Uncle Sam hat out of a wafer ice cream cone.
- 3Invert the cone so it's upside down.
- 4Use frosting to attach a blue band of fruit leather around the bottom of the cone. (Which is actually the top of the cone turned upside down).
- 5Squirt 6 vertical stripes of red decorating gel down the sides and blue gel on the top.
- 6Using a star tip, squirt on white frosting stars around the blue fruit leather, if desired.
- 7TIP: To avoid smudging the Uncle Sam hat design, hold the cone from the inside while decorating it with fruit leather and icing.
- 8Remove the ice cream-scoop "head" from the freezer and top with the Uncle Sam hat.
- 9Working quickly so the ice cream doesn't melt, add 2 blue M&M's eyes and a red M&M's nose. Finally, add a whipped cream beard.
- 10Serve up your Uncle Sam ice cream cone immediately; he goes over well at July 4th celebrations. Makes 1.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frozen Uncle Sam's
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.3
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 128.0 mg
- Sodium 126.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 25.4 g
- Protein 5.3 g