Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Family Fun, this looks like it would be a hit on the 4th of July. Recipe is for one cone, but can easily be increased for a crowd since almost everything is done ahead. The picture on this is adorable.
- Place a scoop of vanilla ice cream on a plate and return it to the freezer to harden.
- Meanwhile, construct an Uncle Sam hat out of a wafer ice cream cone.
- Invert the cone so it's upside down.
- Use frosting to attach a blue band of fruit leather around the bottom of the cone. (Which is actually the top of the cone turned upside down).
- Squirt 6 vertical stripes of red decorating gel down the sides and blue gel on the top.
- Using a star tip, squirt on white frosting stars around the blue fruit leather, if desired.
- TIP: To avoid smudging the Uncle Sam hat design, hold the cone from the inside while decorating it with fruit leather and icing.
- Remove the ice cream-scoop "head" from the freezer and top with the Uncle Sam hat.
- Working quickly so the ice cream doesn't melt, add 2 blue M&M's eyes and a red M&M's nose. Finally, add a whipped cream beard.
- Serve up your Uncle Sam ice cream cone immediately; he goes over well at July 4th celebrations. Makes 1.