Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dessert is like a frozen strawberry mouse but with a delicious shortbread/walnut crust. This is an very easy dish that can be made up ahead of time and frozen. I have divided this recipe into 2 smaller springform pans. For a dramatic presentation, drizzle chocolate over on top of the dessert
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, whites only
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 15 ounces strawberries (2 cups, frozen or fresh)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Crust: Combine flour, brown sugar, walnuts and butter and set 2/3 of the crumbs in a 13 x 9" pan. Set some aside for the topping.
- Whip the cream and set aside.
- Filling: In a food processor, combine the egg whites, sugar, strawberries and lemon juice. Process the mixture until frothy, about 5 minutes. Fold in the whipping cream and pour into the pan.
- Top with remaining crumbs. Freeze at least 6 hours.
- Note: If you plan on dividing this into smaller containers, make the crust 1-1/2 times so that you have enough crumbs for the topping.