Recipe by SweetPnut
Coffee and vanilla ice cream flavors blend so well to give the perfect mocha taste. Yum! Cook time includes freezing time.
- 1 package chocolate wafer cookie
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 quart coffee ice cream, softened
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare Chocolate Cookie Crust: In food processer with knife blade attached, pulse cookies and cinnamon until very finely ground.
- With food processor running, drizzle in butter until blended.
- With hand, pat 1 cup cookie-crumb mixture evenly onto bottom of 9-by-9 metal pan or glass baking dish.
- Place pan in freezer 15 minutes to firm crust.
- Prepare Ice Cream Filling: Spoon coffee ice cream over cookie crust.
- Place plastic wrap on ice cream; press down to spread evenly and to elimnate any air pockets.
- Remove plastic wrap.
- Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over ice cream.
- Return pan to freezer for 15 minutes.
- Spoon vanilla ice cream over crumb layer.
- Place plastic wrap on ice cream and spread evenly; remove plastic wrap.
- Cover pan and freeze at least 6 hours or until firm.
- If not serving bars same day, wrap and freeze up to 2 weeks.
- To serve, uncover and let stand at room temperature 10 minutes to soften slightly for easier slicing.