1/1 Photo of Frozen Fudge Fun Day Sundae
This recipe comes from a 1984 Pillsbury cookbook. It's a favorite summer dessert for our family. I usually use chocolate chip mint ice cream. Rich and delicious, also, cool and refreshing. What more could you ask for?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, finely crushed (2 1/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup margarine or 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 gallon brick-style ice cream, any flavor
- 1 cup peanuts
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (13 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1In large bowl, combine crushed cookies and margarine; mix well.
- 2Press lightly in bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan.
- 3Cut ice cream into 1-inch thick slices; place over crushed cookies.
- 4Spread ice cream with spatula to cover completely.
- 5Sprinkle with peanuts. Cover and freeze.
- 6In medium saucepan, combine powdered sugar, chocolate chips, evaporated milk and margarine; bring to a boil over medium heat.
- 7Cook for 8 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 8Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Cool for 1 hour.
- 9Pour topping over ice cream filling.
- 10Cover and freeze. Let stand at room temperature a few minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frozen Fudge Fun Day Sundae
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.9
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 25.4 mg
- Sodium 171.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 28.0 g
- Protein 5.1 g