Recipe by jonesies
Muffin tins filled with mint leaves, summer fruits and tangy juices and then frozen offer refreshing icy molded cups that can be served as a wonderful end to a warm-weather meal. Taken from Light & Tasty magazine. Note: cooking time is freezing time.
- 1 (8 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 12 fresh mint leaves
- 1 1⁄2 cups bananas, sliced (divided)
- 1 1⁄2 cups red seedless grapes, halved
- 2 medium grapefruits, peeled, sectioned and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup maraschino cherry, halved
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- Place a mint leaf in each of 12 jumbo muffin cups; top each with a banana slice.
- Divide the pineapple, grapes, grapefruit, cherries and remaining banana among muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, combine the pineapple juice, lime juice and reserved juice.
- Pour 1/4 cup into each muffin cup.
- Cover and freeze for 3 hours or until firm.
- Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before serving.
- Invert onto a baking sheet and then individual plate/bowls if desired.