Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from Gourmet Magazine...one of the best things I've ever made.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 6 egg yolks, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- 3 cups whipping cream
- fresh fruit (garnish)
- mint sprig (garnish)
- Prepare collar for 2-quart souffle dish by cutting strip of foil long enough to wrap around dish with some overlap.
- Fold in half lengthwise.
- Generously butter one side and sprinkle with sugar.
- Wrap around dish, buttered side in, letting foil extend 3½ inches above rim.
- Secure tightly with string.
- Add 1½ cups sugar, eggs and yolks to top of double boiler set over warm (not hot) water over low heat and stir constantly with whisk or rubber spat-ula until just warm, about 12 minutes.
- Transfer egg mixture to large bowl of electric mixer and beat until stiff, about 10 minutes.
- Blend in amaretto.
- Whip cream in another large bowl until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold cream into egg mixture, blending well.
- Pour souffle into prepared dish.
- Freeze until firm and set, at least 5 hours.
- To serve, let souffle soften in refrigerator 15 minutes.
- Spoon souffle onto individual plates.
- Garnish with fresh fruit and mint sprigs.
Easily deserving of ten stars! Ethereal tasting! I halved the recipe and still had more than enough for 6. Simply an exquisite dessert.