Recipe by Princessmitzoue
This is fantastic! Perfect when you want a frothy Orange Julius drink, but don't want to fight mall crowds to get one. This was part of Good Eats 'orange' show on Food Network. The powdered sugar is key in creating the froth =) Prep time is freeze time.
- 8 1⁄2 ounces freshly squeezed orange juice, divided
- 1⁄2 orange, zest finely grated
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour 6 1/2 ounces of the orange juice into an ice cube tray and freeze until solid, approximately 2 hours. Store the remaining 2 ounces of juice and the zest in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- In the carafe of a blender combine the frozen juice cubes, reserved orange juice and zest, milk, powdered sugar and vanilla, and blend until smooth and slushy, 30 to 45 seconds. Serve immediately.