Recipe by djmastermum
These are amazing. I got the recipe off of my Grandmother, Fleta.. She is a great cook!
Top Review by mary winecoff
Very good basic chicken salad. I love the hint of the white wine in the chicken. You could keep this simple or add more ingredients to this as you choose. Thanks for sharing. Made for Aussie Tag.
- 1 kg chicken breast fillet
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 bunch celery (I only use 3 sticks)
- 3 chopped celery leaves
- 1 bunch fresh chives, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper
- 1 loaf of sliced bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F).
- Place chicken in baking dish with celery leaves and wine.
- Cover dish with foil and cook chicken 20 - 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Roughly chop chicken.
- Mix in a large bowl with with all other ingredients, adding enough mayonnaise to moisten chicken and bind ingredients.
- Cut crusts off of bread and spoon mixture on the centre of half the bread and spread to the edge with knife.
- Top with remaining half of bread, pressing down gently.
- Cut each sandwich into 3 fingers.
- Place in baking dish cover with a damp tea towel and seal with plastic wrap.
- Sandwiches can be stored in refrigerator up to 6 hours.