Top Review by Chef 920429
leeann,love this cake!! Instead of making the cake as written,I made mini cakes(makes 5 mini cakes.I baked cakes at 350* for 25 minutes,then lower temperture to 300* for 25 minutes. These little cakes are great for sharing with friends and neighbors,wrap in clear or colored cellophane and a bow.My Dh says," how did you get the cake so moist" The answer is "This is a great recipe"Thanks so much for sharing this recipe,leenann.I will always be grateful.Almost forgot,the next batch will make 15 mini cakes--and to freeze them is a added bonus.
- 510.29 g box yellow cake mix with pudding (2 layer)
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 414.03 ml fruit, from starter (Starter for Friendship Fruitcake)
- 236.59 ml chopped pecans
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
- cream cheese frosting (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Line the bottom of a springform angel food cake pan with waxed paper, grease well, then flour.
- In large mixing bowl of electric mixer, combine dry cake mix and oil.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well.
- Add fruit; mix well.
- Fold in nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350- degree oven 40 minutes, then reduce heat to 300 degrees and bake 35 to 40 minutes more, or until cake tests done.
- Shake pan to loosen cake from sides and let sit 10 minutes.
- Lift the center of the pan out and turn cake onto cake plate.
- Remove waxed paper.
- Turn cake right-side up before serving.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar if desired, or top with cream cheese frosting.
- This cake tastes better when cold.