Carrot, Raisin Fiber Muffins (Amish Friendship Starter)
photo by januarybride
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup amish starter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup pureed sweet potato (I buy baby food and use it to sneak veggies into my son, you can also use applesauce or pureed carro)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup fiber cereal (crunched up)
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons splenda artificial sweetener
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour (whole wheat is great, but will make for a more dense muffin)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot (about 1 carrot)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Beat together wet ingredients (starter through vanilla) until just mixed.
- Add remaining dry ingredients (cereal through baking soda) and stir until just mixed (batter should be a little lumpy).
- Stir in carrots, raisins and nuts but do NOT over-mix.
- Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full and bake 20 minutes at 375 degrees.
- If not done, cook 5 minutes more and check again.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!