Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 1 min
I searched the fried ice cream recipes on here and they use cereal or tortilla crumbs. This one uses cookie crumbs and it's amazing! I make small ice cream balls for a fun size treat. *Peanut oil gets hotter than vegetable oil and allows the outside to fry quickly without melting the inside.
- Combine crumbs and cinnamon.
- Dip ice cream ball in egg white, then in crumb mix.
- Wrap individually in cellophane.
- Freeze 30 minutes.
- Dip in egg white, then crumb mix again.
- Wrap again and freeze 30 minutes.
- Unwrap and deep fry or pan fry in HOT oil 20 seconds or until outside gets crispy.
- Top with "extras" (marshmallow creme, chocolate syrup and a cherry!).
Yummy!!! This is wonderful!! I used chocolate ice cream, so left out the cinnamon, but otherwise made as written. I then put marshmallow topping on them and a cherry on top!! If my 16 yo DS hadn't eaten all the vanilla ice cream, I had planned to make those with the cinnamon and then top with some honey and whipped topping. Next time!! Thanks for sharing your recipe joolzcd!! Made for Spring PAC 09.