1/1 Photo of Fried Ice Cream
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 20 mins
My kids just love to order this at Mexican restaurants so I couldn't resist saving this recipe. It is from Taste of Home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a 1/2 cup-ice cream scoop, place six scoops of ice cream on a baking sheet and freeze.
- 2Place heavy cream in a shallow bowl.
- 3Combine cracker crumbs and cinnamon in another shallow bowl.
- 4Dip ice cream balls in cream, then roll in crumb mixture.
- 5Cover and freeze for at least 1 hour.
- 6Refrigerate remaining cream and set aside remaining crumb mixture.
- 7Roll ice cream balls again in cream, then coat again with crumbs.
- 8Freeze for 15 minutes.
- 9In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375 degrees.
- 10Fry ice cream balls for 10-15 seconds or until lightly browned.
- 11Drain on paper towels.
- 12Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.9
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 45.2 mg
- Sodium 167.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 20.7 g
- Protein 3.9 g