Recipe by Doglover61(aka Earnhardt)
This recipe is in the new Taste of Home magazine. They are SO good; especially good dipped in the Ranch dressing!! Servings/cooking time approximate.
Top Review by Chrissy Sweettooth
THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!
Let me tell you, you've made one broke girl in southeast Massachusetts very happy by sharing this recipe. I had a killer craving for fried pickles this afternoon, and these are just as delicious as the fried pickle chips they serve at The Lucky Dawg, this small restaurant down the road from my home.
Now I didn't even need to dip them in anything at all. But, as an option for those not fond of ranch, Parmesan Peppercorn dressing is also excellent with pickle chips.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups thin dill pickle slices, drained
- oil (for deep frying)
- ranch salad dressing, optional
Directions See How It's Made
- In shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt,& pepper.
- In another bowl, beat eggs& milk.
- Blot pickles with paper towels to remove moisture.
- Coat pickles with flour mixture, then dip in egg mixture; coat again with flour mixture.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375 Fry pickles, about 10 at a time, for 3 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm with Ranch dressing, if desired.