Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A combination of sweet and savory. Fried the last few minutes.
Make and share this "fried" Couscous recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups couscous
- 3 cups chicken broth, 2c starting, 1c later
- 2 teaspoons salt, garlic, parsley
- 1 cup spinach, fresh chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup dried pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced
- 4 -8 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon sugar
- Bring 3 c water to a boil, place 1 1/2 cubes mazzi broth in 2 cups of the water, reserving 1c.
- Stir in couscous, 2t garlic, parsley, salt, cranberries and pineapple. Let stand five minutes.
- In saute pan, add slivered almonds. Toast, shaking frequently until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Add 1/2 c olive oil to the pan and heat on med high. Stir in spinach, green pepper, parsley, basil and thyme. Saute 5 minutes.
- Add couscous mixture back into saute pan and add 1/2 of the olive oil a little at a time.
- Heat to steaming, then stir in 1/2 of the butter.
- Add nutmeg and cinnamon sugar.
- Heat on low, adding broth or oils as needed, for five more minutes.
- Add the last of the butter and olive oil to bottom of fry pan. Turn couscous mixture into skillet.
- Heat on med high, stirring occasionally.
- At the last minute, add toasted almonds and serve.