Chef #1140758's Note:
A combination of sweet and savory. Fried the last few minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups couscous
- 3 cups chicken broth, 2c starting, 1c later
- 2 teaspoons salt, garlic, parsley
- 1 cup spinach, fresh chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried pineapple
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup green pepper, diced
- 4 -8 tablespoons butter
- 1/2-3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon sugar
- 1Bring 3 c water to a boil, place 1 1/2 cubes mazzi broth in 2 cups of the water, reserving 1c.
- 2Stir in couscous, 2t garlic, parsley, salt, cranberries and pineapple. Let stand five minutes.
- 3In saute pan, add slivered almonds. Toast, shaking frequently until lightly browned. Set aside.
- 4Add 1/2 c olive oil to the pan and heat on med high. Stir in spinach, green pepper, parsley, basil and thyme. Saute 5 minutes.
- 5Add couscous mixture back into saute pan and add 1/2 of the olive oil a little at a time.
- 6Heat to steaming, then stir in 1/2 of the butter.
- 7Add nutmeg and cinnamon sugar.
- 8Heat on low, adding broth or oils as needed, for five more minutes.
- 9Add the last of the butter and olive oil to bottom of fry pan. Turn couscous mixture into skillet.
- 10Heat on med high, stirring occasionally.
- 11At the last minute, add toasted almonds and serve.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "fried" Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.4
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 916.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: