Recipe by Moe! Larry! Cheese!
Comes from www.askyourneighbor.com. I thought this was an unusual recipe. The recipe did not give ingredient amounts so I am just guestimating the milk the flour amounts.
Top Review by zinfolk
I've been making this 'Ask Your Neighbor' recipe for years. It is simply delicious, and a great way to recycle that left over but too good to discard dill pickle brine. I'm happy to hear someone else agrees. Thank you Moe!
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken, cut into pieces
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, seasoned to taste with black pepper and paprika
- pickle juice, dill flavored
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dip pieces of chicken in milk and then into the flour mixture.
- In a frying pan, cook chicken in oil to brown the crust. Drain on paper towels.
- Place pieces in a (9x13 inch) pan or glass casserole dish.
- Pour dill pickle juice half way up chicken.
- Cover with foil and bake 350° for 1 1/2 hours, basting occasionally (Turn chicken over after 65-70 minutes and continue cooking, uncovered).
- The juice will be absorbed and the chicken is great cold.