Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a favorite recipe that I make for Christmas! Its always requested!
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 236.59 ml flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper
- 907.18 g calamari, rings
- 946.36 ml unseasoned breadcrumbs
- Mix first 6 ingredients together.
- Add enough water to the flour mixture to make a slightly thick batter.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Dip the calamari rings into this batter then coat with plain (unseasoned) breadcrumbs.
- Then deep fry (in small batches) for 1-2 minutes at about 375*F. Serve with marinara sauce.