The Swiss are famous for their breakfasts and often eat two breakfasts. This dish is popular at the first breakfast of the day.
- Heat 2 tablespoons margarine in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add apple slices and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Cook the apples for 5 minutes, turning frequently with a spatula.
- Add bread squares and turn heat to medium low. Continue to cook for another 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Place apple and bread slices on serving platter and top with remaining margarine.