Prep 14 mins
Cook 1 hr
My favorite kind of summer meal when tomatoes are peaking. You can also just chop up a large tomato versus using grape tomatoes. This is from SOuthern Living.
- 1 (16 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 1 cup bottled lemon vinaigrette
- 1 (1 ounce) package fresh basil, chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding asparagus, cut into 2" pieces, during the last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain and rinse under cool water.
- Stir together 1 cup bottled lemon vinaigrette and chopped basil. Pour 3/4 cup of dressing over pasta mixture. Stir in tomatoes, and salt and pepper to taste. COver and chill 1 hour. Toss with remaining dressing just before serving. Garnish with additional freshly basil.
Loved it! Light tasting pasta salad that looks alot more complicated than it is....I used Lemon Garlic Dijon Vinaigrette for the dressing. It was a perfect combination.
Boy is this wonderful!!! I used BecR's Fresh Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing (Zitronenvinaigrette) recipe here on Zaar instead of bottled and that really made this salad sing!!! I love blanched asparagus and it was great to be able to save on pots and just throw it in with the pasta before draining!! I used regular vine-tomatoes instead of grape because I found some really good ones. I removed the seeds and extra juice before adding them, to keep from sogging up the pasta. Loved this recipe, thanks!!!!
This is a really simple salad that I've made to rave reviews many times over. The lemon vinaigrette is VERY hard to find so instead I typically pick up whatever vinaigrette that I'm feeling at the moment - usually one with basil in it.