Recipe by KathyP53
My favorite kind of summer meal when tomatoes are peaking. You can also just chop up a large tomato versus using grape tomatoes. This is from SOuthern Living.
- 1 (16 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 1 cup bottled lemon vinaigrette
- 1 (1 ounce) package fresh basil, chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding asparagus, cut into 2" pieces, during the last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain and rinse under cool water.
- Stir together 1 cup bottled lemon vinaigrette and chopped basil. Pour 3/4 cup of dressing over pasta mixture. Stir in tomatoes, and salt and pepper to taste. COver and chill 1 hour. Toss with remaining dressing just before serving. Garnish with additional freshly basil.