Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 4 large plum tomatoes (about 1lb)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Peel, seed and julienne tomatoes.
- In large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter.
- Cook garlic until softened (about 1 minute).
- Pour in stock and wine.
- Simmer for 3-5 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Add tomatoes, basil and remaining butter.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes longer, stirring.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Serve with angel's hair pasta and freshly grated parmesan.
yum... just a few minor adjustments. I used a mix of cherry and juliet tomatoes from my garden ... i doubled the garlic and used about 4 Tbsp of basil. Served over penne regate. Lovely!
I liked it a lot as well as my family! I made it just today with a few alterations and it came out great! I put a whole glass of wine instead of chicken stock because I didn't have any and a tad more basil (maybe half a teaspoon cause I cut more) and just before I put it out of the fire (am I saying it right?! lol) I add a pinch of sugar to sweeten it a bit!! As I said before turned out great!! Thanks!
Wow this is so easy and I just loved it!