Top Review by Elbeth
I had a dilema, after starting the recipe I realised that I had eaten all my strawberries the day before - so I substituted for frozen rapberries (that we had picked ourselves). I allowed them to thaw a little then I added them slowly to the mix with my mixer running and ended up with an amazing frosting. It has a bit of a bumpy finish because of the seeds but it was beautifuly pink and tasted great. Just decorate with more raspberries. Great recipe - thanks!
Directions See How It's Made
- In mixer, combine butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Add strawberries, one at a time, until you reach the desired consistency.
- I wouldn't use frozen strawberries for this recipe.
- For a smaller cake, the Zaar conversion isn't quite right. Here is what I do:.
- 10x13 or two layer cake: 2 cups powdered sugar to just under 1/4 c butter.
- 9x9 or one layer cake: 1 cup powdered sugar to just under 2 T butter.