The Best Strawberry Frosting
Ran across this when looking for a tastier way to frost cupcakes. This recipe is so delicious and versatile, I can see a world of possible flavor combos. Try it, and betcha use it time and time again!
- Ready In:
- 1 (7 ounce) container marshmallows, fluf
- 1 cup softened butter (no substitutions)
- 1 cup powdered confectioners' sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup good strawberry jam
- In large mixing bowl combine the fluff, softened butter, salt and jam.Beat at medium speed til well-blended. Reduce speed to slow, and gradually add in the powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until well blended and creamy.
- You can substitute any flavor of jam you wish, or 6 oz. melted chocolate to get a variety of frostings and cake combinations.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I was a little concerned about trying this recipe after reading the reviews but needed to whip up a strawberry frosting for my nephew's birthday cake and I didn't have any decent fresh strawberries. So I decided to give this a chance. I'm glad I did. I didn't have the "tastes like butter" issues of one of the previous reviewers although, on tasting after the first set of ingredients were mixed, I did decide to add in an extra 1/4 cup of strawberry preserves for a little extra strawberry oomph. This may be why I didn't have any seeming issues with the frosting being stiff either. Added a bit of red food coloring for pretty and I was pleased. All in all, a tasty frosting that, from my stolen nibble, seems to go quite well with my chocolate cake.Reply