1/1 Photo of Fresh Strawberries and Balsamic Vinegar Ice Cream Parfaits
Shannon Cooks's Note:
One of my new obsessions - the combination of balsamic vinegar and strawberries. It's not for everyone but if it is your cup of tea, it is amazing! Make sure that you don't leave out the black pepper, I know that it sounds odd but it really brings out the flavor!!! This recipe is for cooking over the stove but I have also made this sauce before in the microwave with decent results.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and slice strawberries and set aside.
- 2Heat saucepan over medium heat and add the butter.
- 3When melted, add brown sugar. Melt fully and then add the strawberries.
- 4Cook for about two minutes. Add the vinegar and cook until the sauce is at a medium thickness.
- 5Scoop vanilla ice cream into chilled bowls. and spoon berries and caramel over top.
- 6Grind fresh pepper over servings of ice cream.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Strawberries and Balsamic Vinegar Ice Cream Parfaits
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.3
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 54.3 mg
- Sodium 124.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 32.5 g
- Protein 3.1 g