Recipe by Shannon Cooks
One of my new obsessions - the combination of balsamic vinegar and strawberries. It's not for everyone but if it is your cup of tea, it is amazing! Make sure that you don't leave out the black pepper, I know that it sounds odd but it really brings out the flavor!!! This recipe is for cooking over the stove but I have also made this sauce before in the microwave with decent results.
Top Review by mirelaz
This sounded so weird that I had to have it! So I made it and it was pretty good. The only thing I will do differently next time is to add less vinegar (it was a bit too much for me). Thank you for sharing :-)
- 1 pint strawberry
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and slice strawberries and set aside.
- Heat saucepan over medium heat and add the butter.
- When melted, add brown sugar. Melt fully and then add the strawberries.
- Cook for about two minutes. Add the vinegar and cook until the sauce is at a medium thickness.
- Scoop vanilla ice cream into chilled bowls. and spoon berries and caramel over top.
- Grind fresh pepper over servings of ice cream.