- 4 medium beets, peeled
- 4 carrots, peeled
- 4 garlic cloves, thin sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Slice beets and carrots in 1/4 slices.
- Toss the ingredients in a glass baking dish.
- Cover tightly and roast for about 40 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Shake or stir occasionally.
- *When I make this I just might leave the cover off the last half of baking so that vegetables will get a roasted color.