Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great for homemade lasagna!
- 5 lbs pork shoulder
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 5 freshly chopped garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons ground toasted fennel seeds
- Grind the pork shoulder.
- Toast the fennel seeds in a dry pan over high heat, constantly stiring the seeds to prevent burning. When they are browned, remove them from heat and grind to a course powder (best accomplished with a mortar and pestal).
- Finely chop the garlic cloves.
- Mix all ingredients together thoroughly. It is often beneficial to run everything though the meat grinder again, but not essential.
- Note: I recommend frying a small patty of the sausage mixture to taste the result to ensure it is properly seasoned to your personal taste. You can also stuff the sausage in casings if you are so inclined.