Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
Basically a very creamy mango smoothie type of beverage. From Food Network and Bobby Flay's "Boy Meets Grill" show. This was a Cuban food episode with a couple of different types of burgers and some grilled potatoes. The whole family liked these, even my son who doesn't care for mangoes. Even he said that this is a "Make again".
- 6 ounces mango sorbet
- 3 ounces vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mango, chopped
- mango, slices (to garnish)
- 5⁄8 cup milk, cold
- 1 -2 tablespoon honey (or more, I made these without honey. Plenty sweet without it)
- mint sprig, for garnish
- Place all ingredients (except mint sprigs and sliced mango) in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a 10-ounce glass and serve immediately.
- Garnish with mango slices and mint sprig, if desired.
Followed your directions to a T [although I doubled the amounts!], MathMom, & had a wonderful taste experience with this smoothie! I'm a smoothie lover but usually omit the ice cubes, so this was right up my alley! Love the taste of mango! Thanks for the posting!
This was so good Mathmom, thanks so much for sharing! It was quick and easy to make, with great results. Followed your directions but also opted not to add the honey. I didn't have any fresh mango so used frozen chunks which were blended into the drink. This made a lovely smooth, creamy, rich, thick milkshake type drink.
I did not have any mango sorbet so I use lime, it was still great with the fresh mangoes, I am going to try to find mango sorbet next time, thanks for posting MathMom this was delicious!...Kitten:)