Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Delicious way to share the fresh strawberries of the season! Or don't! The entire "pie" is 6 WWers points.
- 946.36 ml strawberries
- 36.85 g box sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
- 17.00 g box sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 473.18 ml water
- Use a small pudding mix and a large jello.
- The pudding mix and jello should be dry.
- Use strawberry jello, sugar free.
- Mix pudding mix and water together.
- Bring to boil.
- Remove from heat and mix in jello crystals.
- Place strawberries in a pie pan.
- Pour the mixture over the strawberries and chill for at least an hour.
I like the concept here...and the taste was, well, ok. I think the big box of SF gelatin was too much, the fake sweet taste was almost bitter. I would try this again with less gelatin.
I never would have thought of the pudding/jello combo. It was very good. A little gelatinous for me - I expected something a little creamier - so maybe next time I will try it with a small jello instead of a large one. Definitely a keeper, though. Great way to enjoy strawberries!
I made this dessert for my Mom who is a diabetic. She really enjoyed having a sweet treat! I used 2 small boxes of jello because I couldn't find the 1 large. It was VERY jello-y. I had hoped it would be more of a firm glaze like the packages you buy in the produce department. If I make this again, I will reduce the jello to one small box. I might also put it in a pie crust made from oatmeal, graham crackers, and pecans. Thanks for a dessert for diabetics!