Recipe by SPKLady
I found this recipe last week on a food blog, but I cannot remember which one. It was just perfect! I did double the sauce and added a cup of broccoli! :) :)
Top Review by Mikey Kone
This was exactly what I was looking for, thank you. I had some leftover sliced yellow squash and zucchini. Since SO was out of town I didn't want to make a big dinner, this was perfect, and I had leftovers for lunch the next day. I cheated by using prepared pesto and chicken breast, but it was still great!
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into pieces
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 small yellow squash
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 tomatoes
- 10 ounces whole wheat pasta
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1 large garlic clove (or however much garlic you like)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- add all the pesto ingredients to a food processor, except the olive oil. Pulse and blend well. Slowly drizzle in the oil. You can decide how much oil you want in your pesto. You can also add water or chicken broth if you want it a bit saucy.
- Cook pasta in boiling water. While the pasta cooks: Saute the chicken in the pan with 1 TBS of olive oil until browned and done, about 5-8 minutes depending on size of pieces. Remove chicken from the pan.
- Cut up all the veggies and add then to the pan. Saute until crisp tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta.
- In a large pot or bowl, combine the pasta, chicken, sauteed veggies and pesto. Stil together until combined well. Add cut up tomato, stir to combine, plate and serve.