Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A fresh and "raw' dessert that's easy to put together, healthy and so delicious. Enjoy!
- 1 ounce raw cashews
- water, for soaking the cashews
- 1⁄2 cup light unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- sweetleaf all natural stevia (artificial sweetener, to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups cut up fresh strawberries
- 1 cup blackberry
- chopped toasted cashews (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds (optional)
- Soak the cashews in cool water for at least 3 hours. Cover the bowl. When done, drain but save a little of the soaking liquid.
- Place the cashews with the small amount of liquid in a high speed blender or food processor and whirl to smooth. Add the almond milk. Continue to blend, add the rest of the ingredients except the fruit.
- Stop and taste. When you have the right sweetness and smooth creamy texture, you are done. If you have to add a little more almond milk that's fine.
- Place in fridge for a few hours for all the flavors to marry and for the sauce to thicken up a little.
- Now, plate your berries in small dessert dishes. Spoon out a tablespoon over the berries. Whatever you have left, go over a second time until you finish the sauce. Sprinkle with chopped toasted cashews and Chia seeds if you want.