Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another cooking class recipe. Talk about a fresh recipe. The basil amount is approximate.
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 4 -5 heads garlic (not cloves, there are 10-12 cloves in a head)
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- salt (to taste)
- cracked pepper (to taste)
- parmesan cheese
- olive oil
- Slice the tops off of each garlic head and drizzle olive oil and salt and pepper over the tops.
- Wrap up the garlic heads in a piece of foil and roast for 30-45 minutes on 400 degrees.
- When the cloves are tender and cooled, squeeze them out into a small bowl along with the softened butter, chopped basil and additional salt and pepper. Mix well until mixture is well-combined.
- Spread a thin layer of the garlic mixture over each piece of bread.
- Place the bread slices single layered on a baking sheet and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Broil in the oven for about 1-2 minutes or until toasted. Serve hot!
This was GREAT. Very easy and so very tasty. Will make many more times.
Loved this! Served with Chicken Scampi. Roasted the garlic early in the morning, mixed everything up and put it in the fridge. When I was ready to use it I just heated it in the microwave for 15 seconds to soften it so it would be easy to spread. I've made this several times now and usually top some pieces with parmesan cheese, some with mozzarella cheese, and some with just the garlic-basil butter and no cheese. It all disappears quickly!