Prep 40 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is this week's "Recipe of the Week" in the Thursday magazine's SlimLines column.
- 1 kg fresh asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 100 g watercress, washed and drained
- 250 g corn kernels, drained
- 300 g smoked salmon, boned and flaked
- 65 g mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 limes, juiced
- 9 sprigs fresh dill, snipped
- Place an asparagus in a steamer basket over boiling water.
- Cover pan.
- Steam for 4-5 minutes or until bright green and just tender.
- Remove steamer basket.
- Rinse asparagus under cold running water.
- Drain well.
- Arrange watercress and corn around the edge of individual salad plates.
- Lay asparagus spears in the centre of the plate.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with smoked salmon.
- Combine mayonnaise, lime juice and dill in a bowl.
- Drizzle over salad.