Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This applesauce requires no cooking. Unpeeled apples gives the sauce small specks, but you can peel them if you want. Yield is estimate. From Joy of Eating Natural Foods.
- 3 red apples, sliced
- 1 quart water
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg or 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pour water and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Add sliced apples and let stand 15 minutes.
- Combine spice, honey, and half the apple slices in a blender.
- Blend, adding a balance of apples until all have been blended until smooth.
- Chill before serving.
This was very yummy. I tried using about 1/8 tsp. of nutmeg and cinnamon, because I liked both. This was nice, but I think if I made again, would choose all cinnamon. Very tasty and easy recipe, and it's so nice to have truly fresh food around! Thanks! Made for PAC Spring '09.
yummy, I didn't use quite as much honey as the recipe called for but it was still sweet enough. Thanks for the recipe!