Member #610488's Note:
This recipe is similar to one at your local Neighborhood Market.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons mirin
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 fennel bulb, quartered
- 1 bunch radish, trimmed
- 1 lb sirloin steak
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 5 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 medium red chili pepper, seeded thinly sliced
- 1 piece fresh ginger, sliced (2 inch)
- 1 bunch green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package precooked yakisoba noodles
- 1 ounce fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1Mix together the vinegar, honey, soy sauce and mirin in a small bowl.
- 2Halve the cucumber lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Push the cucumber, fennel and radishes thru a food processor with a slicing attachment. Otherwise, slice thinly by hand.
- 3Trim any fat from the beef and slice very thinly. Dust with cornstarch.
- 4Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a wok or large heavy bottomed pan. Add chile, ginger and beef and stir-fry quickly for 1 minute. Remove to a large plate.
- 5Add the green onions to the wok and fry quickly, about 1 minute. Remove to the plate.
- 6Heat a little more oil in the wok and stir-fry half of the shredded vegetables for about 30 seconds. Remove to the plate. Stir-fry the remaining vegetables and water chestnuts and remove to the plate.
- 7Pour the remaining oil into the wok and add the noodles and cilantro. Cook, stirring, for a few seconds to heat through and to break up the noodles. Add all of the ingredients on the plate back into the wok.
- 8Add the vinegar mixture and mix well stir-frying for about 30 seconds, until heated through. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh and Easy Chinese Stir-Fried Beef
Serving Size: 1 (393 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 561.6
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 85.0 mg
- Sodium 1206.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 22.7 g
- Protein 27.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar