Fresh and Easy Chinese Stir-Fried Beef
- Mix together the vinegar, honey, soy sauce and mirin in a small bowl.
- Halve the cucumber lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Push the cucumber, fennel and radishes thru a food processor with a slicing attachment. Otherwise, slice thinly by hand.
- Trim any fat from the beef and slice very thinly. Dust with cornstarch.
- Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a wok or large heavy bottomed pan. Add chile, ginger and beef and stir-fry quickly for 1 minute. Remove to a large plate.
- Add the green onions to the wok and fry quickly, about 1 minute. Remove to the plate.
- Heat a little more oil in the wok and stir-fry half of the shredded vegetables for about 30 seconds. Remove to the plate. Stir-fry the remaining vegetables and water chestnuts and remove to the plate.
- Pour the remaining oil into the wok and add the noodles and cilantro. Cook, stirring, for a few seconds to heat through and to break up the noodles. Add all of the ingredients on the plate back into the wok.
- Add the vinegar mixture and mix well stir-frying for about 30 seconds, until heated through. Serve immediately.